2014-07-04

ten minutes of softpsych protopostkraut boogie found on an eight-inch-acetate: i do not know who it is and when it was recorded. can you help us all?

strange: this is an acetate disc, probably recordable just one time. no year of recording or any other information can be found on the label or on the cover except for a telephone number and a note (name) reading something like "Maden." or "Madeu."

the music starts with a psychodeleric first strike but pretty soon it smoothes down to some sort of soft rock followed by a guitar solo and an even longer piano solo, very clean, very competent, like in the long versions of 'light my fire' but completely omitting the madness. after about eight minutes a kraut flute steps in and the end is marked by a kosmische organ sound, very obscure. i cut together side one and side two for a seamless experience of this strange platter. i guess it was recorded in 1972, but i can be proved completely wrong and everybody but me knows this is bruce springsteen or any other mediocre singer and songwriter. i hope you can help all of us.

(listen: click left / download: click right / and do not forget to save the picture)

9 comments:

Bill said...

Acetate was pretty good sounded like early 70's Thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

Hi.

Maybe you can ask or send it to Steve and Alan Freeman: ultimathule shop, in Great- Britain.
They know absurd much about Krautrock and German music from the seventies.

Greetings. Nice blog!

Jan from the Netherlands

Unknown said...

I wish I could help identify it, but it sounded very good. Definitely sounds like 70's, but couldn't say for sure.

23 Daves said...

Did we ever get to the bottom of this one? I'd really be keen to find out who this is!

23 Daves said...

Hi - is there any chance you could reupload this? I was hoping we'd eventually get an answer on it, and I was about to share it on Twitter...

rvd said...

dear 23 daves, thank you for asking. i just reuploaded the acetate and i hope you can unearth some information. all the best. rvd

23 Daves said...

Would you mind if I uploaded this to my channel on YouTube (of course, I will link back to your blog and make it clear you found this?)

I have to admit this has been bugging me enormously and I'd love to see if we can widen the search and resolve this mystery! No worries if you'd rather I didn't.

rvd said...

dear 23 daves, i like the idea. please feel free to post the music and the pictures and all our wild guesses concerning the acetate where ever you want. maybe someone out there has some additional information. thank you for asking, and stay safe. all the best: rvd

23 Daves said...

Thanks - I finally got around to uploading it here: https://youtu.be/Dh98TfcpCVc

I've tweeted about this track several times already and had no answers so I'm not too hopeful, but who knows! Maybe we'll get an answer soon.